How does the Harvest Tithe work?
If someone gives $100 to the Harvest Tithe
- $10 is given to the Cooperative Program through the Southern Baptist Conservatives of Virginia (SBCV). $4.90 goes to mission work in Virginia (Disaster Relief, State Missionaries, & Church Planting through the SBCV); $5.10 goes to the SBC Cooperative Program—$2.55 goes to the IMB to send missionaries to the nations and $2.55 goes to the NAMB (sends church planters to North America), Seminaries (5), & ERLC (Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission)
- $90 is utilized by Parkway to gather the harvest in Moseley, Chesterfield, & surrounding areas. $7.56 goes to Parkway mission endeavors—MFUGE, Upward, Community Outreaches, various mission projects. $82.44 goes to the operating expenses—the proclamation of God’s Word, children’s & student ministries, collegiate & adult ministries, worship, local missions, CORE ministry training, staffing, facilities, missionary training, etc.
Acts 1:8 offering
The Acts 1:8 Global Missions offering supports all of our missionaries. When we give to the Acts 1:8 offering we send laborers to the furthest harvest fields.
When we reach our $150,000 goal:
- $75,000 supports missionaries with Global Gates and Parkway direct.
- $15,000 supports missionary ministry supplies (Bibles, resources).
- $10,000 supports Vision Virginia State Missions offering & Annie Armstrong Offering.
- $50,000 supports missionaries with IMB through the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering.
We are asking God to help us send 20 missionaries over the next 5 years who will plant churches all over the world and labor to gather God's promised harvest.
ACTS 1:8 Supported Partners:
Nick & Jem Guarino—Philippines
Goutam & Donna Kishor—India
Mike & Jane Nales—Romania
Tim & Amy Wisdom—NOVA
**Colt & Riley Tacket—SE Asia (IMB)
**denotes pseudonym for security purposes
Harvest offerings goals
- Acts 1:8 Global Missions: $150,000 per year for the next 5 years
- Church Planting: $100,000 per year for the next 5 Years
- Next Space: $150,000 per year for the next 5 years
- Debt Retirement: $250,000 per year for the next 5 years