Parkway’s vision statement is: “Real people walking with Christ, inviting others, and serving together to reach our neighbors and the nations.”
In the fall of 2017, Parkway revealed 9 Prayer points establishing 1-, 3-, and 5- year goals for our church. Having 100% of church membership activley involved in serving was one of those goals.
But what does that look like in a practical sense?
Sometimes “serving” means arranging games and grilling hot dogs for a community fall festival. Sometimes that means setting up chairs in the sanctuary, welcoming people into the building with a smile, or leading the congregation into worship with a song. Such an active church needs active members like you to make these things happen.
There are so many ways to serve (see below), that no matter your interests or giftings, there is a fit for you.
Please continue to pray for each Parkway member to be active in serving.
Email Lauren Garber (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on these opportunities.
SET-UP and TAKE-DOWN TEAMS
Both teams need volunteers to prepare the sanctuary for service and other activities. (Weeks and times vary, serve once monthly)
- IPad admin(s) for live feed (2nd service)
- Adult Leads (services and weeks vary)
- Student Support (services and weeks vary)
- Hall Coordinators (Serve during both services, once monthly)
- Coordinator (1st Service)
- 3rd Grade Assistant (1st Service)
- 6th Grade co-leads (rotates monthly)
- 8th Grade co-leads (rotates monthly)
- Wednesday Night Support
- A couple to connect and build relationiships with students both home and away
Whether you currently serve, or just haven't found your place yet, we want to learn more about you! Please take a few minutes to fill out this simple survey, and share your interests! See Below for more places you can serve!
ONGOING WAYS TO SERVE
Please contact Lauren Garber (email@example.com) for more information on these and other opportunities.