Hello Parkway basketball Parents!
We are excited for our first of six Parkway basketball sessions this Saturday! We hope that everyone has received their child’s team roster and located their session time.
Please read this email in its entirety as we prepare for our return to basketball.
What to Expect: Week 1 | Saturday, January 9
There are new protocols and procedures in place to ensure a smooth and safe Saturday experience:
- Please arrive roughly 5 minutes early to the start of your session, but not too early. In an effort to limit the total number of people in the building at one time, we are asking that families enter the building as close to their start time as possible.
- When your session ends, please exit the building quickly, using the side doors, to allow for the next age group to enter. We will not move upstairs after the session like previous years. Our goal is to keep everyone inside the gym for the full hour.
- We will be checking temperatures at the door before entry as an added precaution.
- Your child’s coach will be passing out team shirts this Saturday. Every child will receive two different colored shirts. Your coach will give you more information about which shirt to wear each week. Shorts can be ones you already have at home.
- The water fountains and concession area will be closed this season. Please bring clearly marked water bottles for your child each week.
This season we are limiting the number of spectators to immediate family only (parents and siblings).
How Can You Help?
We want this to be a fun and safe experience for all. We have several ways for family members to volunteer to help support a successful season.
- Illness - We ask that you not come on any Saturday where your child or family is not feeling well. As an added precaution, there will be temperature checks done at the entrance. Anyone with a temperature of 100.0 or over will not be allowed inside.
- Temperature Check - We will need volunteers to help check temperatures as your group enters. If you are able to help check temperatures for your hour block, please let your coach know.
- Cleaning Basketballs - We will need someone to sanitize the basketballs during the devotion, and at the end of the session. If you’re volunteering to help in any way, please let your coach know.
- Masks - We ask that you wear face coverings as you enter and leave the gym and that you not congregate in the lobby on your way in or out.
Click here to volunteer.
Added safety precaution:
In the event a player or coach tests positive for COVID-19, that team (as well as the other team from that age division they share the court with on Saturday) will not play the following Saturday. After missing one Saturday, play will resume as normal the following Saturday.
Though this season will look very different from prior years, we are excited to have the opportunity to bring kids together to compete, have fun, and learn more about growing in their faith!
See you Saturday!
Parkway Sports Ministry