At Parkway, our calling is to be a church that reaches our neighbors for Christ. Read below for some specific local projects we’re involved in. Let’s go be the church!
Nations Next Door
Within the greater Richmond area there are extremely large populations of internationals. Some ministry opportunities include adopting a family, culture exchange meetings, conversation partners to learn English, adopting an international student, relationship building, and more. For more info or to get involved in reaching the Nations Next Door email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rollingwood is a ministry that aims to share the message and love of Jesus through our words and actions with children. We go every Thursday from 4:00 to 6:00pm to invest in the lives of the children at Rollingwood Apartment Complex. We help with homework, play games, and weekly share the Bible and God's story with them. We are able to mentor the children and build meaningful relationships with them with the goal that they may know and see the gospel. We also host special events there throughout the year for the families. Every time we go, we make it a point to share the gospel with the kids and students. It is our prayer that the residents will come to have a relationship with Christ. If anyone is wanting to get plugged in to the ministry at Rollingwood, come join and get to know these kids any Thursday at 4:00pm. For more information, please contact Rhonda Hawks.
Gather on the fourth Friday evening and Saturday morning of each month to prepare and distribute meals to the hungry in the Richmond area. Jesus said “As you have done it to the least of these my brethren, you have done it to me.” For more information please contact the church office at 639-2236 or email Wendy Morris .
Our sports outreach ministry is committed to introducing boys and girls to Jesus Christ through sports. Check out opportunities below to get involved in Parkway’s Upward sports outreach. Contact Wendy Morris for more info or to volunteer.
Below are some specific ways to serve :
- Coach/Assistant Coach - men/women coaches are needed for basketball (Dec-Feb). Teams practice one night a week and play eight games on Saturdays.
- Scorekeeper - keeps score and time during football and/or basketball games. No prior experience needed.
- Referees - Are needed for basketball (Jan-Feb). Some experience in the sport is helpful. Specific training will be provided.
- Concession workers - Help at the concession stand on Saturdays during our basketball season (Jan-Feb).
- Prayer partners - Pray for athletes, coaches, families and all aspects of this Christ-based league. A specific prayer strategy is implemented during the season.
- Game day announcers - Are you enthusiastic and like having a microphone in your hand? This job may be for you! Saturday announcers are needed to introduce players/coaches for game days.
- Upward Sports Prayer Warrior - Prayer warriors are needed to pray for our athletes, families, and coaches during our basketball and football seasons. Please contact Mac Hutton for more information.
Vacation Bible School
Is a targeted week-long children's ministry during the summer. The theme for VBS in the summer of 2019 will be announced soon! Teachers and assistants are needed in the classroom, recreation, snacks, & crafts. Contact Pastor Jonathan for more details and info. You can also register to serve by filling out the form here.
Local school partners
Parkway is privileged to partner with local public schools such as Grange Hall Elementary and Bailey Bridge Middle. Our desire is to serve the staff and students, and be available to them. We want to show them the love of Christ any way that we can. Contact Mac Hutton for additional information and specific ways that you can help.
Fall Festival/Spring Carnival
Join us for Parkway's Annual Spring Carnival April 14, 2019 at 4:00pm. Please contact Pastor Mac for more information.
Middle and high school students are challenged throughout the year to serve their community in tangible ways. By ‘living love’, they are being the hands and feet of Christ and are thinking beyond themselves. Contact Mike Camire for additional details.